Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homework



Collin had his first official homework assignment this weekend, and what did we do? We waited until Sunday to do it. Yes, his mom is a teacher. We completed it Sunday afternoon and didn't wait until Sunday night, at least!




The theme for the past two weeks at preschool has been The Five Senses, so our (eh, um, I mean Collin's) homework was to fill in two sentences and draw pictures of each. The first was: "I use my eyes to see _______________." Which Collin's answer was Dora, Thomas, and Diego. He colored a picture of Thomas and then we cut it out and taped it to the paper. He then drew stick people to represent Dora and Diego and added an extra touch by "drawing" a purple backpack for Dora, and an orange Rescue Pack for Diego.




On the second sheet, we had to fill in the sentence "I use my tongue to taste ___________ which are ______________." Collin's answer was: "I use my tongue to taste oranges which are sweet." In the picture, he is coloring his oranges that he drew. I set an orange in front of him as a model. I guess you could call it "still art".




Collin continues to make progress by leaps and bounds with his English language learning. We hear new words on a daily basis and could not be more proud of him. He has such a happy spirit!
What Collin is doing now: Playing Thomas games with Daddy on his computer.




No comments:

Post a Comment