Saturday, April 24, 2010

This one didn't work out so well.






Today we tried another recipe from the monthly parent magazine I receive. The recipe was for Frozen Chocolate Bananas. Collin LOVES chocolate, and has not been too keen on bananas for quite a while now. He used to love them, so I thought this would be a fun snack to try and get him back to eating bananas. Collin peeled the bananas while I melted the chocolate chips. Chocolate can be difficult to work with as I heated my first attempt too much and it became "muddy". On to the second attempt, and the chocolate came out better, but not all of the chips were completely melted as I was afraid of leaving them in the microwave too long and getting the "muddy" consistency again.
The directions were to place a popcicle stick in the end of a banana. I thought it would work better to divide the bananas in two to get a better area to place the sticks into. I did this, and quickly learned not to push the sticks too far, as the banana just falls apart. Once the sticks were in the other banana halves, Collin and I tried to roll them in the chocolate. This didn't go so well. The bananas were coming off the sticks and wouldn't roll properly in the chocolate. We had a bit of a mess for a while. We ended up with a sad display. I took a picture of them but decided not to post it because they didn't look too apetizing! We put them in the freezer anyway. Collin ate one of the frozen bananas (which ended up just being a piece of a banana) after lunch, and said "yummy" several times, so it didn't end up to be the disaster it started out to be!
What Collin is doing now: napping!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment