Monday, March 8, 2010

Have noodles, will play for hours.


I recently purchased a small plastic wagon for Collin at DG. It's just a cheap little wagon, but I thought it would be fun for playing with outside this spring and summer. Once we got it home, he was having nothing to do with leaving it in the garage until it was nice enough to play outside. We had to bring it in the house to play with. He had been putting his trains in the wagon and pulling them around. I was afraid he would dent my dining room floor when he was dumping out the trains on it, so I gave him some macaroni noodles to put in his wagon instead of the trains. The noodles have been a hit! He scoops them out of his new bucket (also a DG purchase) with his shovel into the wagon and totes the noodles around for a bit. Then, he scoops the noodles out of the wagon back into the bucket. I have also noticed the noodles in the back of some of his trains and his Handy Haulers. He has only tried to eat one noodle and discovered that it was pretty nasty uncooked. He ended up spitting that out into the trash! Today after school the wagon was hitched up to his bike and he had fun hauling it around the driveway. Daddy put his picnic table together while we were playing outside and he was excited about that also. He was ready to bust out the playdoh to play with on his new table, but it was time to go inside and start supper so that had to wait.


Collin has been having "play conversations" lately, which is a new thing. His trains will talk to each other while he plays with them. I have heard him have one train ask "why?" and the other responds "because, that's why". Daddy says this a lot. I have also heard him have one train ask the other "are you okay, honey?" Sometimes I just sit out of his sight and listen. It can get quite hillarious. I remember when I was so glad that he could put two and three word phrases together in English, and now he is having conversations with complete sentences..he amazes me everyday!


Erik picked Collin up from the babysitter's today. When I dropped him off at preschool this morning he told me that he wanted daddy to pick him up and not me. I am able to pick him up sooner so I usually get the task. When I asked him why he wanted daddy to pick him up, he said "well, 'cause you have to share me, mommy". So true!


What Collin is doing now: watching Dora and squirming because he has to go potty and doesn't want to stop watching Dora to go.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, the conversations that can be heard from a distance are the best. I love listening to Zoe & her friends play in the next room. You just never know what's gonna be said!

    ReplyDelete