Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tractor pullin' days and hot (chocolate) nights

Forgot the camera so no pictures of it, but Collin had a blast at his first tractor pull. We went to the indoor tractor pull at the DuQuoin fairgrounds on Friday night while Collin had his very first sleepover at aunty Jen and uncle Patrick's house. He did great and had a very fun time! We went back to the pull on Saturday and took Collin with us. He LOVED every bit of it, and by the end of the day, he had a favorite tractor. If you ask him, he will say "My favorite tractor is Little Angry". Yep, that's the actual name of the tractor. He has been asking constantly when he can go back and see more tractors. It's a good thing, because that's about all we do every weekend in the summer!

Collin loves hot chocolate, so we have had a cup before bed the past couple of nights. He's such a sweets lover! He also loves Playdoh and I HATE it-too messy. He has been asking to play with it and I broke it out tonight while I was making supper. He just about blew a gasket when I told him I was getting it out. He loves to put the Playdoh in the tube and squeeze out long shapes, then cut it with the plastic scissors.

This evening after supper, I was doing dishes and Collin brought in his tractor with a wagon attached. He said "I'm getting yummy food in my wagon for me and daddy." I asked, "Oh, really?" He said "yep", and proceeded to open a kitchen drawer and get out a small peanut butter egg for daddy, and a large Hershey bar for himself and put them in his wagon. I took a picture of him driving his tractor to deliver his "yummy food" to daddy. Daddy allowed him to have one square of the chocolate bar and he was satisfied with that.

We had a busy, but very fun weekend. No school tomorrow, which is good, but Collin goes for more shots in the morning. He has caught on to what goes on at the doctor's office and starts asking why we are there as soon as we pull into the parking lot. I just hope he doesn't get too anxious while we wait. I am sure a new choo-choo will fix any ouchies caused by the shots. Just call me "sucker"!

What Collin is doing now: playing his new Thomas computer games with daddy and looking pretty sleepy.











1 comment:

  1. We have got to get Collin & Zoe together. Zoe LOVES her playdoh. I don't mind it as long as she plays with it on the dining room floor. When she's finished, I just run the vacuum & get all of the pieces right up.

    I heard he was having a sleep over with Chloe. I figured he would have a good time. Just call it - Double Trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete